COVID-19 PROTECTION STATEMENT
We are excited to announce our reopening on June15, 2020 and we can’t wait to see you all again! We have been working hard these last few weeks to prepare for our long awaited return to our new normal operations. We are all smiles about seeing you again, even if it isn't going to be the same way we have seen you in the past.
We understand that people have different opinions about COVID-19. Some of you have increased concerns about this virus and on the other hand, some people do not understand why we are making such a fuss. As a healthcare provider, the health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. We want to assure you that as a healthcare provider, we have always practised an exceptional level of hygiene, disinfecting and sterilizing procedures. On top of these usual procedures we are also taking further precautions to keep you and our staff safe;
• We have increased our already elevated cleaning, disinfecting and sterilization procedures. We use only hospital grade disinfectants. We will also clean and disinfect high touch areas after each customer has left our facilities.
• We will be leaving 15 minutes between appointments to allow for extra sterilization procedures.
• We have installed plexiglass shields on our front end counters.
• We have placed hand sanitizing stations at our front entrances. Please use it immediately upon entering and exiting our facilities. Use other methods of greeting than handshakes and hugs. Please cough/ sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands and avoid touching your face.
• We won’t look quite the same! Due to the vulnerable population we serve, we are following new guidelines for PPE. Wearing masks or face coverings at all times for you and our staff will be mandatory until there is a vaccine for this virus. At times we will also be wearing face shields and surgical gowns when we need to be face to face to look in your ears, to do ear impressions, real ear measures etc.
• We understand that masks do not necessarily protect the one wearing the mask, but it can stop the spray and spread of the virus when someone coughs or sneezes. On top of coughing and sneezing, simply speaking can spread this virus! We can shed the virus for 14 days before showing any symptoms or feeling sick. A face covering or mask can slow the distance the virus can travel and spread!
• We have removed non-essential items from our waiting areas such as magazines, brochures and candy dishes.
• We are limiting the number of people in our clinics to only two customers at a time to allow for social distancing.
• We are also limiting the number of staff in each facility as well as dividing our staff so that team members are only working from one location. If you prefer to see Leslie, please book in Trail. If you prefer to see Cheryl, please book in Castlegar.
• Clinic doors will remain locked even during business hours to limit walk in traffic as a social distancing precaution. You will need to either phone for an appointment, message us on our website or Facebook, knock on the door or phone us from home or our parking lot even for cleanings, troubles with your hearing aids, batteries and supplies.
• Curb-side, no contact services are available for cleanings, minor repairs, adjustments, call to book your drop-off appointment or we also have a drop slot in our front window in Trail and a drop slot in our mailbox by the front door in Castlegar. If you choose to drop anything in our drop slots, please put your hearing aid in an envelope with your name, phone number and what you would like done.
• Our clinicians are available for assistance over the phone and internet and FaceTime or Skype and in some cases, we can offer remote care for counselling and adjustments.
• Team members who have travelled, who are sick or show flu like symptoms will be screened, monitored and will be in 14 day isolation.
• We ask the same of you. If you are sick, coughing, sneezing, running nose, sore throat, difficulty breathing or have travelled in the last 14 days, please follow the public health directions for 14 day self quarantine prior to your appointment.
• We will continuously monitor WorkSafeBC, our governing bodies and all provincial and federal health agency directives for COVID-19 and adjust our procedures of operation accordingly. We will keep you informed on the evolution of our procedures through Facebook and our website. Please check these regularly.
• Remember, this isn’t forever! Be patient and kind as we try to protect everyone while serving a very vulnerable group of lovely people in these unprecedented times. Thank You!